*****Please note that there are days where I will post more than once. So, to find out all the latest happenings and "goings-on" in our family (or my random thoughts), be sure to scroll down.*****

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Snippets...

It's been a crazy week. I've spent most of the week giving the house a good cleaning. It is pretty much clean, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to maintain the cleanliness once we start homeschooling tomorrow. Yep -- FIRST grade starts tomorrow at Childress Academy! I'm excited, and I think Caleb is, too. :)

We spent a little bit of time outside today, and I thought I'd take a picture of the garden. Granted, I don't think this is the "best" shot, but it works. I am soooo excited to see the sunflowers each day. It's amazing how they are following the sun, and the flowers haven't even bloomed yet. I cannot wait to see them once they finally bloom. So far, everything it doing okay in the garden. Like I mentioned, I have learned a lot that I'll do differently next year. But -- for now...we're happy and pleased with our effort. It has definitely been a learning experience for sure.

Garden 5/31/09


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was gifted with this lovely award by two different bloggy friends. Jennifer at J. Leigh Designz and SAHM4Now at Memoires of a SAHM both gave me this award. I'm so excited to have it because I've never seen it. It is always nice getting support and love from other bloggers, and it's even better when it's a new award. So, thanks ladies!
Now, as with any award, there are some rules. The idea of this award is to pass it on to 8 people and include the following:

"These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."

And without further ado, here are my 8 nominees for the Most Wonderful Favorite! Award:
1) Semi-Slacker Mom @ Confessions of a Semi-Slacker Mom
2) Heidi @ Wojto Beach Cottage
3) Jenny @ Zack's Gang
4) Michelle @ Feet First
5) Laura @ The Horton Family
6) Lin @ Duck and Wheel With String
7) Leslie @ Lamberts Lately -- ***she does AWESOME blog makeovers***
8) Ashley @ Ashley's Antics

So, ladies...enjoy the stardom that comes with such an elite award and re-gift it with pride. :)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As I mentioned earlier in the post, we spent a little bit of time outside. Now, let me just say...it's HOT down here in Georgia. Add the humidity, and well...it just plain SUCKS to be outside. Now, consider that I've got a super fair skinned little one, and well, it doesn't make going outside much fun. I have to make sure that the little guy has sunscreen on first. That, in itself, is not a fun task. So, we only manage about 20-30 minutes MAX at a time. I just can't stand the heat. Anyway, I did manage to get a few shots of the kiddos playing the yard. (These are out of order I think...apparently blogger is being very photo friendly these days. I couldn't even move the photos around...oh well).

Micah playing with the big green bouncy ball...it's almost as big as him. LOL!

Micah trying to get the Thomas ball... Swinging baby...
Oops...I fell down (he does not like to fall down in the grass...lol)...
I love this picture...it loooks like Micah is trying to fly. :)
Caleb guiding Micah through the blueberry bushes...

10 comments:

Laura said...

Sherrie - thank you so much for the award!! I LOVE to find new blogger friends!

Sawatzky family said...

OMGoodness! My very first award!
THANK YOU :)
I think your garden looks great!

Jenny said...

Wow Sherrie, thanks so much for the very kind award! I am so honored to receive this from someone that I truly admire!! And blogging has become such an amazing tool for me to grow, meet new people and learn so many amazing new things- what did I ever do without it?!?! Thanks again!!

momstheword said...

I think your garden looks great! I've never done a vegetable garden before!

We just winded down our homeschool year. We have homeschooled from the beginning.

We started a tradition that the first and last day of school we could go to McDonald's after school was over.

That was because that first homeschool day I wanted to make homeschooling seem "big" in our first born's eyes and make him glad we were doing it (some of his friend's were going to public school).

So we did school (not to long for first grade), then drove by the school he would have went to and I said "Look, they're still studying in school and we're done with school and going to McDonalds!"

We still do that, lol! Even my college age son comes if he can!

Nice "meeting" you! I came over from Jenny's blog.

heidi said...

i am so behind but i finally finished the post tonight...only about another week to catch up on LOL!

love your garden. you have so much s-p-a-c-e.

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...the one staring at the computer screen. I know you have something to say, so go ahead...just write what's on your mind. :) We all know that writing is good for the soul, and what better way than to leave a comment?!!? I promise to do my best to return the favor. :)

 
Blogging tips