*****Please note that there are days where I will post more than once. So, to find out all the latest happenings and "goings-on" in our family (or my random thoughts), be sure to scroll down.*****

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Internet Explorer Users...

So, I'll admit...I much prefer IE over Firefox. And -- no, I haven't even tried Google Chrome...not even sure what it is. Anyway, I have a question...er, a problem.

Whenever I try to go to my blog using IE, I get the dreaded error "Internet Explorer cannot open the site at (insert my blog address). Operation aborted." What is going on? Is this happening to any other IE users???? I guess you're not reading this if it is, huh?!!? It happens on all of our computers.

After researching the issue online, I thought I'd download IE 8. Well, that still didn't help. It still happens. So, anyone know what's going on or how I can fix this? I really don't want my site to screw up someone's computer (much less my own PC). And -- if it matters, several other blogspot sites did this last night, too. So, is it a blogspot issue with IE?

Now, this morning it appears that IE 8 will open my blog at the moment. But -- that's no guarantee it will work later today. So, if any of you are computer gurus and can help me out, I'd truly appreciate it. I'm lost in translation not the best when it comes to all this computer stuff.

Thanks my peeps!

13 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey Sherrie I wanted to thank you for the follow. If you haven't already I am having a 200th post giveaway come on over and enter it.

I was having severe issues with IE so I downloaded Firefox and that is what I currently use. When you went to my blog you couldn't see the middle section where I post. It apparently fixed it. But the other day I got an email from one of my readers and she said she couldn't see my posts. Argh!! So I never found out if it was blogger, IE or what. I know with Firefox on my computers I am not having any problems on my computers.

Sorry I couldn't help!

Have a blessed day!

Jane said...

It could be your site since it was recently updated. It does not fully display in chrome. Your posts get lost in the background. I would ask someone to help you.

Anonymous said...

I tweeted about it and responded to you on Twitter, but you may not have seen it.

Blogger is aware of the problem. Take off the gadget with all of your followers. That's supposedly what is causing it. Myself and a few others have taken ours off and haven't had problems since.

Sawatzky family said...

Hi there :)
I had to come to your site via FireFox as I could not see it using IE. That has happened to me a few times in the last few days with a number of different blogs. I wonder if the above lady is right about the followers when I think about it, the others also had that widget as well. I hope they resolve it soon. But I will glady open my FireFox to read your posts everyday in the mean time! :) lol

Anonymous said...

PS - I put your new button on my blog, finally. Sorry I was such a slacker. :)

Sherrie said...

Okay, I have removed my follow me thing. I hate having to do that, and I guess I'll complain to blogger so that gives them one more reason to expedite the solution. LOL! Anyway, I'm sorry to my faithful readers. I truly hope this all gets fixed soon. Until then...I have to remove that hoping it'll solve the problem. Thanks hotpants for sharing the tip. :)

Poolside with the Girls said...

it was happening to me yesterday and this morning. It isn't a problem now. Not sure why!

Unknown said...

I haven't been able to check my email through Outlook Express in days! I have to use the AT&T homepage. Any ideas on that?

Mrs. M said...

Sorry - no idea. I switched to Firefox ages ago. I don't know that I LIKE it more than IE, but it is just SO MUCH FASTER! I hope you can resolve your problems!!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

My work uses IE and I hate it LOL It crashes my blog too.

Firefox is my choice!

Lowell and Son said...

Argh, I removed my followers widget too, that is what I read to be the "quick" fix until Blogger fixes whatever is wrong. Two of my blogs came down with the error message and two did not, wierd. I added a note on the side of my blog explaining the missing follower widget and how to follow me using their dashboard. I will maybe try and put it back another day and see what happens. This problem seems to be cycling through blogs at different times.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I do see that you got a lot of advice, but I would hate to remove my followers, I love seeing who is reading my little blog. I did start using Google Chrome and I think I like it better than IE. I downloaded it from YOU tube.
I am a Georgia blogger since I live in Atlanta suburb.
Kim

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...the one staring at the computer screen. I know you have something to say, so go ahead...just write what's on your mind. :) We all know that writing is good for the soul, and what better way than to leave a comment?!!? I promise to do my best to return the favor. :)

 
Blogging tips