*****Please note that there are days where I will post more than once. So, to find out all the latest happenings and "goings-on" in our family (or my random thoughts), be sure to scroll down.*****

Friday, April 17, 2009

Aloha Friday #2

Woohoo it's FRIDAY! And -- that means it's time for Aloha Friday. If you want to participate, head on over to Island Life and check it out. It's really simple and easy.

I'll ask you a simple question, and all you have to do is leave me the answer in the comments section. Ready, set, PLAY!

What is one thing that you despise about cooking????
For me, it has to be touching raw chicken. I absolutely think it's the nastiest thing EVER! I'll handle raw ground beef, pork chops, steak, etc...but I HATE touching that nasty little bird called chicken. I don't care if it's a whole chicken or just the breasts...I don't want to touch it! EWWWWWWW!

Enjoy your Friday and the WEEKEND!

post signature

18 comments:

Sawatzky family said...

LOL ;0 I agree chicken is pretty nasty in the raw state!
I hate having to change after I fry things so I don't go around stinking all day! lol
I wish they would invent some sort of apron that would magically absorb all those ordors!

Brittany said...

I feel the same way about chicken.. I also can not stand the way the house smells after I fry something..

MamaJoss said...

OH I'm with you on that! I am sooooo grossed out by it, you don't even know. My husband loves it, so I have to get grit my teeth...complain the entire way though...and just do it. I also DON'T/WON'T eat/cook anything with a bone still in it!!! Thanksgiving last year was the exception - yuck.

Just Add Walter said...

ewwww... I agree about the chicken... I hate it too!!!

but I also HATE cleaning up afterwards... I try to clean as I go... and I HATE emptying the dishwasher!!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

I hate frying chicken because the grease makes such a mess of my stove!

Come on over and link up :)

Mrs. M said...

Cleaning up! Sometimes I avoid doing things that use certain appliances (like a blender) because I don't want to clean them. And I am a nut about cleaning as I go!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Raw meat and poultry is definately not cool!

PMKU said...

I'm with you! That chicken goo.
I hate the clean up too. I get tired.

I am Harriet said...

It's a toss between cleaning up and nobody confirming that they'll not be home for dinner.

sues2u2 said...

I'm starting to get arthritis in my hands & I hate it when I have to mix up ground beef/turkey. It's so cold that my knuckles just ache.

Tara said...

I totally agree.. I hate touching raw chicken, beef, and turkey BLAHHHHHHHHHHH lol I really don't like the clean up :)

Mariana said...

The thing I despise about cooking is the actual cooking part. Standing there, stirring the food, keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn, seasoning it just right. All so tedious!

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...the one staring at the computer screen. I know you have something to say, so go ahead...just write what's on your mind. :) We all know that writing is good for the soul, and what better way than to leave a comment?!!? I promise to do my best to return the favor. :)

 
Blogging tips