*****Please note that there are days where I will post more than once. So, to find out all the latest happenings and "goings-on" in our family (or my random thoughts), be sure to scroll down.*****

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Menu Plan August 24-30, 2014

Well, after having a fridge full of leftovers for a few days too many, I thought it was time to revamp my approach to menu planning.  Brian also works late four nights of the week, so he is not able to join us for dinner.  He also works in an older building, and it’s easier to not take food that needs to be reheated for lunch, so I usually pack him a cooler with sandwiches, veggies w/Ranch, a few yogurts, and fruit.  So, cooking 6-7 nights each week is just too much when there’s usually only three of us eating.  I’m going to give this new “days off” plan a whirl, and we’ll see how it goes.  Some nights I have way too many leftovers and other nights there aren’t any…it really depends on what I’ve cooked an the appetite of the boys.  With all of that in mind, here’s our menu plan for the upcoming week…
Sunday – Saucy Mozzarella Patties, Pasta, Snap Peas
Monday – YOYO
Tuesday – Italian Meatballs, Pasta, Steamed Veggies, Gravy
Wednesday – Brown Sugar Spiced Baked Chicken, Rice, Veggies
Thursday – YOYO
Friday – Homemade Taco Hamburger Helper, Broccoli
Saturday – Breakfast for Dinner
How do you handle leftovers?  Does your family eat them?  Do you cook every night of the week, or what’s your approach to  menu planning?

1 comments:

Lin said...

We do not eat leftovers. We only cook what we eat and usually there is nothing or very little left---it gets tossed.

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...the one staring at the computer screen. I know you have something to say, so go ahead...just write what's on your mind. :) We all know that writing is good for the soul, and what better way than to leave a comment?!!? I promise to do my best to return the favor. :)

 
Blogging tips