We had another great week of school last week. Since the week got busier with the start of Co-Op and a few field trips, we did have to do a few things over the weekend. However, that’s the flexibility of home schooling.
Bible – Our lessons were on “God’s Children Work” and “God’s Children Read the Bible.” We read 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 and Deuteronomy 11:18-21.
English – Caleb worked on using commas and writing sentences in cursive.
Math – Caleb worked on multiplying by 10, halfway between hundreds, hundreds and thousands, and gram and kilogram.
FUN SCHOOL – We had another great week of fun school studies. Granted, some of it got pushed to this weekend, but we were still able to get it completed.
- Map It Monday – I introduced Caleb to story mapping. Then, we read Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey and completed a story map.
- Mathematical Monday – Caleb decided that he wanted to work on counting money. I wrote down different amounts, and he had to use dollars and coins to make the amounts.
- Travel Somewhere Tuesday – Caleb decided that he wanted to learn about India. So, he read several books from the library, and then he completed his country facts notebooking page. He also made a sample of the flag for India.
- Technology Tuesday – Caleb decided that he wanted to watch Beakman’s World on Netflix.
- Working With Words Wednesday – I used this time to teach Caleb more about cause and effect. We did several activities together, and then he completed some worksheets on the topic.
- Want to Know Wednesday – Caleb picked the topics ‘tides’ this week. He used books from the library to read/learn more about tides and ocean currents. I then asked him several review questions to see if he comprehended the information.
- Think It Through Thursday – Due to today being the start of Co-Op, we actually skipped this. There just wasn’t enough time.
- Turn the Page Thursday – Caleb used this time to read some of his books from the library.
- Fun Friday – We met up with some of our homeschool friends and toured the Perry Library. The children learned all about the different parts of the library, and how to use all of the available resources.