We’re still trucking right along with schooling, and we’re slowly approaching the light at the end of the tunnel (the end of 3rd grade really). Here’s how our last week went:
Bible – Our Bible stories were on “God’s Children Tell God’s Story” and “God’s Children Suffer for Him.” We read Matthew 28:16-20 and Acts 7:54-60.
English – Caleb worked on when to use do/does, possessives, contractions, and abbreviations.
Math – Caleb did some review work and took a test. He then began a new light unit and worked on multiplying by 5 and choosing the nearest ten and thousands place.
FUN SCHOOL – There’s not as many pictures this week to show for Caleb’s work, but he did learn stuff nonetheless.
- Map It Monday – He worked on reading a map. We used this website to help.
- Mathematical Monday – We played the Real World Math Unexpected Events game.
- Travel Somewhere Tuesday – Using library books, Caleb read and learned about Texas.
- Technology Tuesday – Caleb chose to watch Beakman’s World on Netflix.
- Working With Words Wednesday – Since Caleb has been spending his Wednesday afternoons at the homeschool library time, I decided to let his work for that class count for today. They’re working on writing a story, so he’s getting in plenty of ‘working with words’ work.
- Want to Know More Wednesday – Caleb used books from the library to read and learn about Mars.
- Think It Through Thursday – Caleb worked on test prep skills in preparation for the upcoming ITBS test. He’ll take that in April, so we’re trying to do some practice tests.
- Turn the Page Thursday – Caleb used this time to read from his library books and books from our home library.