Well, another week has come and gone.
- Bible – This week we started reading about Joseph and the coat of many colors. We also read about how his brothers treated him, and how he eventually forgave them. Micah’s memory verse is Genesis 50:20a.
- Phonics – This week Micah learned the letter ‘m’ and the short vowel ‘o.’ He learned the phonograms ‘-im, –op, –ot.’ His sight words were ‘not, make, funny, am.’
- Poetry – Micah’s poem this week was ‘A Wave.’ We used it to find periods, commas, and sight words.
- Math – This week Micah learned about telling time to the hour.
Caleb, Fifth Grade
- Bible – Caleb continued to read from Exodus. This week he read about Food in the Wilderness; The Ten Commandments; and The Golden Calf. Here’s his interpretation of the golden calf story.
- Math – Caleb seems to still be liking Teaching Textbooks, and that couldn’t make me happier. I don’t hear nearly as much complaining when it comes time for math. This week he learned about families of facts, seasons, finding the missing number, and adding numbers ending in zeros.
- English – This week Caleb reviewed for and took a test on nouns.
Both boys started a Co-Op class this week at one of the local churches. Micah is taking a class on children’s literature and art, and Caleb is taking a rocks and minerals class. They both enjoyed their classes and had fun. We’re looking forward to seven more weeks of fun and classes.
***I’m sure you’ve noticed that there are lots of pictures of Micah but none of Caleb. Well, Caleb is not a fan of pictures, and he always fusses when I try to snap one of him. So, I tend to just avoid it in order to escape the fussing. Maybe in time he’ll grow to be a fan of the camera.***