We are finished with another week of learning, and it went really well. Like I mentioned in my previous post, we’ve got lots going on. So, it’s sometimes 3:30-4 before we get to our school work (Micah still naps, hence the late afternoon session), but – we’re staying on schedule.
- Bible – Our lesson this week was on Jacob and Esau. Micah’s Bible verse was Matthew 7:12a.
- Phonics – Micah learned the letter ‘l’ and the phonograms ‘-ell and –ill’. His sight words were ‘where, are, did, and no.’
- Poetry – Our poem this week was ‘The Brontosaurus.’ We used the poem to discuss rhyming words and syllables.
- Math – This week Micah worked on ordering events.
- Bible – This week Caleb continued to read in Exodus, and he read about The Passover, the Exodus, and Crossing the Red Sea. Here’s his interpretation of The Passover.
- Math – This week we started using Teaching Textbooks, and I couldn’t be happier with how it’s going so far. Caleb completed 8 lessons and took a quiz. He reviewed addition, addition facts, place value, days/months, reading a calendar, writing the date, and subtraction. I’m praying we’ve finally found the BEST math curriculum for him…time will tell.
- English – Caleb worked on nouns of direct address and prefixes.