Wow – it’s been over a month since I’ve updated my blog. I don’t think I’ve ever gone that long. July was a crazy month, and time just got away from me. We did weeks five and six DURING July, but here are the reviews.
- Bible – Due to our crazy busy schedule, we didn’t focus on Bible this week. We were busy trying to get other things accomplished.
- Phonics – This week Micah worked on the letters ‘b’ and ‘p’. He worked on the phonogram ‘-ip’. His sight words were go, up, down, and here.
- Poetry – Our poem this week was ‘The Smile.’ We used it to find our sight words, find commas, find rhyming words, and to find periods.
- Math – This week Micah worked on the numbers 0-5 and ordinal numbers first-fifth.
- Bible – This week Caleb continued to read in Genesis, and he read about a Bride for Isaac, Esau Sells His Birthright, Jacob Deceives Isaac, and Jacob’s Ladder. Here’s his interpretation of Jacob and Esau.
- Math – Caleb continues to work in his three books, focusing on addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- English – This week Caleb finished up the first chapter by completing a review and test.
- Test/Study Skills – Caleb worked on maps and learned about symbols, map keys, and map scales. He also works on editing daily, and here’s a picture of him focusing on that skill.