We are continuing to stay on track so far, and we’re all looking forward to a break next week. Here’s how week 4 went…
- Bible – We continued to learn about Adam & Eve and the fall of man. Micah finally finished coloring/cutting out his spiral snake. He memorized Romans 3:23 as well.
- Phonics – This week Micah worked on the letter ‘e’ and the phonograms ‘-en’ and ‘-et.’ His sight words were ‘love, mom, dad, and at.’
- Poetry – The poem for this week was ‘My House.’ We used it to find our sight words, identify rhyming words, and identify commas.
- Math – This week we worked on more/fewer, and we used a pictograph to reinforce this skill.
Caleb, Fifth Grade
- Bible – This week Caleb continued to read in Genesis, and he read about Isaac is Born, Hagar and Ishmael are Sent Away, and Abraham Offers Isaac. Here’s his interpretation of Abraham sacrificing Isaac.
- Math – Caleb continues to work in his three books, and he’s focusing on addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and real-life math skills.
- English – This week Caleb worked on avoiding run-ons, direct and indirect quotations, divided quotations, and outlining.
- Test/Study Skills – This week we went back to dictionary skills, and Caleb focused on guide words.
Like I mentioned above, we have next week off. It’s a super busy week of anniversaries and birthdays, so we’re going to enjoy some celebrations. I’ve also got to spend some time making sure Caleb has everything he needs to head off to Camp Twitch and Shout in three and a half weeks…he’s so ready to go.