Despite all four of us being ‘under the weather’, we managed to finish up our second week of school. Here’s how week two went for us…
- Bible – We continued learning about the days of creation. We learned about days five, six, and seven. The Bible verse was still Genesis 1:1.
Day Five – we sorted pictures of animals that swim and animals that fly. Micah then added fish to the water and birds to the sky.
Day Six – We glued a piece of aluminum foil in the middle to act as a mirror to show ‘us.’ Micah then added land animal stickers.
- Phonics – This week we worked on the letters ‘s’ and ‘n’. Our sight words were ‘I, can, me, and you.’ We also worked on the phonogram ‘-in.’ Micah also read his first book, Grandpa’s Bible (one of the BJU K readers).
- Poetry – Our poem this week was ‘Colors.’ We used the poem to find our sight words, identify the letters ‘s’ and ‘n,’ identify rhyming words, and identify commas.
- Math – This week we worked on color patterns and shape patterns. We used unifix cubes and counters to make patterns. Micah then finished the week by making his own pattern and replicating it in his math journal.
- Bible – This week Caleb continued reading in Genesis, and he read about the Tower of Babel, Abraham’s Journeys, Abraham and Lot, and God’s Covenant with Abraham. Here’s his depiction of the Tower of Babel story.
- Math – Caleb continued working in his three workbooks, and he focused on addition facts. We did some timed challenges to see how long it took him to go through the Hot Dots cards.
- English – This week Caleb worked on simple/complete predicates, diagramming subjects/predicates, compound subjects/predicates, and diagramming compound subjects and compound predicates.
- Test/Study Skills – Caleb worked on dictionary skills this week. We reviewed alphabetical order (first, second, and third letter alphabetizing).
Our second week was just as much fun as our first, and we’re looking forward to a fun-filled adventure next week, too. However, we are praying that the sickness that has invaded our house will exit with a quickness and not slow us down.