We finished up week three of school last week; however, I didn’t have time to get this post up. So, here’s how week three went for us…
- Bible – Our Bible story this week was on Adam & Eve and the fall of man. We read Genesis 3, and our Bible verse is Romans 3:23. Micah started working on coloring a spiral snake. Since he’s pretty OCD about his coloring, it’s taking him a good bit of time to color it just right.
- Phonics – This week Micah worked on the letters ‘h’ and ‘w.’ His sight words were “like, is, my, and it.” He read another book by BJU Beginnings titled Blue or Green.
- Poetry – The poem for this week was ‘All of Me.’ We used the poem to find our sight words, identify rhyming words, and identify commas.
- Math – This week we worked on same & different and one-to-one correspondence.
- Bible – Caleb continued reading in Genesis, and he read about Abraham Entertains Angels and The Destruction of Sodom.
- Math – Caleb continued to work in his three books. Since this is pretty much the same each week, I may leave this off of future weekly reviews.
- English – This week Caleb worked on types of sentences, how to diagram commands and questions, and simple/compound sentences.
- Test/Study Skills – This week Caleb worked on maps, charts, graphs, and diagrams. He learned about the compass rose, cardinal points, intermediate points, and he used those skills to complete several activities.
- Miscellaneous – Caleb spends time reading, working with Hot Dots, or playing educational iPad games daily while I work with Micah. So, I try to take pictures of him ‘working’ on occasion.