It’s been over a month since I’ve updated the blog, but that’s okay. I do this for me, really, and if anyone else out there decides to read, then that’s okay. If not, at least I’ve got written documentation of what we’ve been doing in our homeschool journey for the past five years.
- Bible – Since we were rushing to get through with schooling, this was sadly not done.
- Phonics – Micah worked on the vowel ‘u’ and consonants ‘k’ and ‘c’. He worked on the phonograms ‘-un, –ub, –up, and –ut.’ His sight words were big, said, come, and in.
- Poetry – Our poem this week was ‘Dinosaurs.’ We used it find our sight words, find rhyming words, and find periods/commas.
- Math – This week Micah worked on numbers 6-10 and ordinal numbers first-tenth.
- Bible – Caleb continues to read in Genesis. This week he read about Jacob Meets Rachel, Joseph’s Cloak, and Joseph is Sold as a Slave. Here’s his interpretation of Joseph’s Cloak.
- Math – It seems I write the same thing each week for this, so for now, I’m going to delete it from the review write-up.
- English – Caleb started a chapter on nouns. He learned about nouns, common/proper nouns, and capitalizing names/titles.
- Test/Study Skills – We worked on dictionary skills again this week. Caleb worked on definitions and pronunciations.