We had another great week at Childress Academy for Boys. Here’s how our week went:
Bible – Our Bible lessons were on “The Holy Spirit Builds God’s Church” and “We Must Confess Our Sins”. We read Acts 16:13-15 and Luke 15:1-10.
English – Caleb finished up his ACE Pace by doing a little cursive writing review. He then took the test and scored 100%.
Math – Caleb took his test over CLE LU 205 and scored 95%. He then moved on to CLE LU 206…NEW CONCEPTS: Multiplication; How Much Time Has Passed; Factors and Products; Multiplication and Addition; Fact Focus: 15, 8, 7. REVIEW CONCEPTS: Fact Focus: 14, 8, 6.
FUN SCHOOL – We had another GREAT week with our FUN SCHOOL studies. We’re both really loving this schedule, and we’ve inspired some of our friends to implement it to meet their needs, too. It’s always encouraging to hear/see that what you think is a good idea, is a good idea to others, too.
- Make Something Monday – This week Caleb decided he wanted to learn about Ancient Egypt. We read from several books about Ancient Egypt. I also found an Ancient Egypt lapbook, and he started working on that. He also made a mummy using gauze and a toilet paper roll. Then, he worked on a bookmark.
- Monday Math – This week we played Sums of 10, 11, and 12 using playing cards. Caleb also played some math games online.
- Travel Somewhere Tuesday – This week Caleb wanted to travel to Ancient Egypt. The local library has been discussing Ancient Egypt during the homeschool hour, so this sparked his interest. We read some books about Ancient Egypt, and he continued to work on his lapbook.
- Tuesday Technology – This week Caleb worked on his typing skills by playing a typing game online. He also played several other computer games. Then, he watched a few episodes of Beakman’s World on Netflix.
- Who Do You Know Wednesday – This week Caleb wanted to learn about Buffalo Bill. He mainly wanted to know how he got that name. So, after reading several books from the library, he had to use his books to answer a sheet of questions. I told him this was how his dad and I had to do research back when we were growing up…there was no Internet when we were in school. LOL!
- Wednesday Writing – This week Caleb decided he wanted to write a letter. We discussed the different parts of a letter, and then he wrote a letter to his friends Will and Ethan (they are brothers, and Caleb enjoys their company immensely). Then, we put it in the mail. He’s hoping to get a letter back.
- Turn the Page Thursday – Caleb spent some time reading his books from the library (books on Ancient Egypt and pets).
- Thursday Thinking – We continued to work on test prep skills. This week’s focus was on comprehension.