*****Please note that there are days where I will post more than once. So, to find out all the latest happenings and "goings-on" in our family (or my random thoughts), be sure to scroll down.*****

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week 27 of Learning 2013-14

We are nearing the end of having to double up on schooling.  We were scheduled to take next week off, but instead, we’ll continue schooling and get caught up so that we can relax a bit more.  We are ALL looking forward to that.  Smile
Micah, Kindergarten Bible – Micah continues to work in his AWANAS book.
Phonics – This week Micah worked on the phonograms ‘-ern, –urn-, –irt.’  His sight words for the week were ‘play, run, find, three, funny.’
IMG_1166
Math – This week Micah worked on addition +1.  I’ll admit, this chapter in this math program really disappointed me.  The exercises didn’t focus on addition +1 at all…they were just random addition problems…not adding 1 to any number.  Sad smile
Caleb, Fifth Grade Bible – Caleb continues to work in his AWANAS book.
Math – This week Caleb worked on circles; venn diagrams; regrouping with zeros; and writing money in dollars and cents.
Science – This week Caleb learned about his place in the universe. 
IMG_1165
The pictures were slim this week…I’m finding that while trying to focus on just getting the work done, the pictures are taking backseat.  Right now, our focus is just on getting caught up…everything else can wait.  Thankfully, we’re almost there.  I’ll tell you…moving while homeschooling has surely proven to be a chore.  I can’t imagine having to deal with moving with kids in public or private school.  I know folks do it ALL the time, but man…it has to be tough.  I’m so very thankful that we will NOT be homeschooling during our next move…in fact, we’re doing something out of the ordinary and actually taking OFF for two months this summer so we can move and get settled before beginning the next school year.  I’ve learned my lesson.  Smile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...the one staring at the computer screen. I know you have something to say, so go ahead...just write what's on your mind. :) We all know that writing is good for the soul, and what better way than to leave a comment?!!? I promise to do my best to return the favor. :)

 
Blogging tips