Another week of learning is complete at Childress Academy for Boys. Here’s how our week went…
Bible – Our question this week was “How long did it take Adam to name the animals?” We read Genesis 2:18-20 to find the answer.
Math – This week Caleb worked on multiplying by 9, when 9 is a factor, mixed numbers, multiplying and adding, changing meters to centimeters, and multiplying two-digit numbers. He did REALLY well with the multiplying and adding problems (ie 4x7+5=?).
English – This was our second week of FUN English. Caleb watched a VERBS DVD that we borrowed from the library, and he also watched several verb/nouns lesson on the computer…
Classical Conversations Foundations – we completed week 7 of CC, and it’s still going really well!
- English – prepositions ‘in, inside, into, like, near’
- Science – ways that animals reproduce
- History – Hinduism and Buddhism
- Math – counting by 13s
- Latin – 3rd Declension Noun Endings singular and plural
- Geography – Indus River…Ganges River, Himalayas, Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, Great Indian Desert
- Timeline – Jesus the Messiah, Pentecost and the Early Church, Persecution Spreads the Gospel, Herod’s Temple Destroyed by Titus, Diocletian Divides the Roman Empire, Constantine Legalizes Christianity, India’s Gupta Dynasty
- Science Experiment – This week we worked with crayfish. The students had to identify the major parts, and then they were able to dissect it. I’m not with Caleb during this time, but when I saw him, he said, “Mom, I found the brain.” I’m guessing he had LOTS of fun dissecting the crayfish. My littles (4-5 year olds) weren’t that enthused. LOL!
- Fine Arts – Tin Whistle – This week we moved on to learning all about the tin whistle. We learned the parts of the tin whistle, how to play the D Scale, and we worked on identifying if notes were going up or down. Caleb is really picking up on how to play it, and I think he’s loving it, too.