*****Please note that there are days where I will post more than once. So, to find out all the latest happenings and "goings-on" in our family (or my random thoughts), be sure to scroll down.*****

Friday, October 2, 2009

Garden Goodies…

I haven’t updated on our garden in quite some time.  The main reason is because Brian and I didn’t think it amounted to a bunch of anything after the long drought and hot period we had over the summer.  Most of the stuff started showing signs of death, and so we counted it a loss.  Well, later on it all started blooming.  Brian decided that the produce wouldn’t be any good, so we didn’t bother to pick it or do anything with it.  We had basically just resorted to tilling it all up once the weather got cooler.
Well, Opa, Granddaddy, and Caleb went out there this week and picked all of the veggies that were ready.  They came in with a bunch of tomatoes, carrots, peppers, and a few onions (I thought I had pulled all those once I decided they were just too small and not growing right for my liking…lol). 
So, I’m guessing it’s time for me to start thinking of some ways to use up all these garden goodies.  I’m thinking fajitas will be a good way to use up the bell and sweet peppers.  The carrots will probably be steamed.  And I, for one, could care less how the tomatoes are used because I don’t do tomatoes…YUCK!
Here are some pictures of the fruits veggies of our labor.
IMG_4346
IMG_4350
IMG_4354
IMG_4356

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oh how i miss garden fressh veggies! What a treat you have...oh man I love maters LOVE them,, you can always chop them up for use in stews and soups for the winter
have a great weekend

Heather said...

I can't believe a Georgia girl doesn't like tomatoes! ;p I like to make spaghetti and pizza sauce with my extra tomatoes.

Laura said...

Your tomato crop looked better than ours. Have you ever tried fried green tomatoes? Yum!

Holly said...

Haha I actually quite like all those vegetables! Aside from green pepper that is - blergh!

Sawatzky family said...

Glad to see that somethings grew in there!
For that big tree on our blog I just drew the ouline of it out on a big sheet of paper and set the older two up with paints and once it was dry we went out in search of leaves to glue on to it as well. They really had a lot of fun painting something so big and it was a great conversation starter to talk about the seasons and doing some research on trees with jack.

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yes, you...the one staring at the computer screen. I know you have something to say, so go ahead...just write what's on your mind. :) We all know that writing is good for the soul, and what better way than to leave a comment?!!? I promise to do my best to return the favor. :)

 
Blogging tips