We finished up week 12 on Saturday…yes, we do school on Saturdays now because of Brian’s new job (more on that later). ***I did not take nearly the pictures that I typically do…not sure why, but just a heads up***
- Bible – This week we used our Bible time to do some of Micah’s lessons in his Awanas Sparks book. This is our first year ever with Awanas, and I’m having a hard time figuring out the time allotment to get it all in. So, we used our Bible time to help.
- Phonics – This week Micah worked on the consonants ‘r and j’. He learned the phonograms
“-ack and –am.” His sight words were “ran, so, pretty, out.”
- Poetry – Our poem this week was “Way Up High in the Apple Tree.” We used the poem to discuss commas, periods, and syllables.
- Math – This week Micah worked on counting and writing 30-40.
- Bible – Caleb also worked in his Awanas book…T & T. Again, I’m trying to find the balance between homeschool, household duties, and Awanas memorization/study. Any suggestions from you pros out there?
- Math – Caleb worked on more long addition; more rounding and estimating; comparing two numbers; and more number comparisons.
- English – This week Caleb worked on linking verbs and predicate nouns.
- FUN SCHOOL Explorations – Due to a crazy, chaotic week (again, not sure why), we didn’t get around to all of our fun school studies. However, here’s what we did…
- Take it To Your Seat Tuesday – Caleb read and sorted the Astronomy cards. He put the planets in order as well.
- Turn the Page Thursday – Caleb spent some time reading books from our homeschool library.