We are finished with week 30 (only 10 more weeks to go I think…YEAH). Here’s how our week went…
Bible – Our question this week was ‘Why did God make meat-eating animals? Why are they not still plant eaters?’ We read Genesis 1:30, 6:13, Romans 6:23, and Revelation 21:1-4 to find the answer.
English – This week Caleb reviewed for a test, took a test (scored 94%), and learned about action verbs and direct objects.
Math – This week Caleb worked on dividing by 8, division with a remainder, radius and diameter, and miles. He continues to do really well with the Christian Light Education math program.
Classical Conversations Foundations – Here’s how week 18 went…
- English – Helping verbs…may, must, might
- Science – four types of ocean floor
- History – the Mound Builders
- Math – the area of a triangle
- Latin – 2nd Declension Noun Endings (singular and plural)
- Geography – Mesoamerica…Gulf of Mexico, Yucatan Peninsula, Olmec Civilization, Maya Civilization, Aztec Civilization
- Timeline – Cherokee Trail of Tears, U.S. Westward Expansion, Marx Publishes The Communist Manifesto, The Compromise of 1850 and the Dred Scott Decision, U.S. Restores Trade with Japan, British Queen Victoria’s Rule over India, Darwin Publishes The Origin of Species
- Science Experiments – This week we learned about air having weight and the strength of atmospheric pressure.
- Fine Arts – Great Artists – This week we studied El Greco. The children did an elongated drawing exercise.