We’re done with week 19, and we’re close to a week break. YEAH! Here’s how our latest week went…
Bible – Our question this week was “How long were Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before they sinned?” We read Genesis 1:28, Romans 3:23, and Romans 5:12 for the answer.
Math – This week Caleb worked on ordering decimals; millimeters, tenths of centimeters; add, subtract, or multiply; decimals and place values; and multiplying and carrying.
English – This week Caleb worked on statements and questions, diagramming questions, and commands and exclamations. He’s still doing really with the Growing with Grammar. I’m crossing my fingers that it continues.
Classical Conversations Foundations – We finished up Week 11, and we have one more week until we break for the semester. Here’s what we learned this week…
- English – prepositions ‘under, underneath, until, up, upon’
- Science – some parts of a flower
- History – the Byzantine Empire
- Math – Cubes (up to 10)
- Latin – 5th Declension Noun Endings Singular and Plural
- Geography – Byzantine Empire…Constantinople/Istanbul, Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Antioch
- Timeline – Norman Conquest and Feudalism in Europe, The Crusades, Zimbabwe and Early Mali in Africa, Aztecs of Mesoamerica, Francis of Assisi and Thomas Aquinas, Japan’s Shoguns, Incas of South America
- Science Experiment – This week we started working on an animal classification poster. We will spend time finishing this up at home over the next few weeks.
- Fine Arts – Tin Whistle – This week we worked on dynamics, crescendo, legato, staccato, and rests.