We finished up another GREAT week of schooling today. Here’s how it went for us…
Bible – Our lessons were on “Jesus Prays For Us” and “Angels Watch Over Us.” We read John 17:9-15 and Acts 12:5-11.
Math – Caleb worked on quarter and fourth, finding the change, and borrowing twice.
English – This week Caleb worked on writing sentences in cursive, changing telling sentences to asking sentences, changing asking sentences into telling sentences, similes, and writing paragraphs.
FUN SCHOOL – We had another GREAT week of fun school activities…
- Map It Monday – We read The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf, and Caleb worked on a character map. He completed a character map of Ferdinand.
- Mathematical Monday – We played a dice game. We would take turns rolling, and then using multiplication, we had to fill out a section on graph paper. We each took 10 turns, and the person who had covered the most ‘area’ at the end won.
- Travel Somewhere Tuesday – Caleb chose California this week. So, using books from the library, he completed his notebooking fact sheet on California.
- Technology Tuesday – Caleb chose to watch Beakman’s World on Netflix.
- Working with Words Wednesday – This week we focused on synonyms. Caleb completed a ‘Super Synonyms’ worksheet activity using a thesaurus.
- Want To Know More Wednesday – Caleb chose construction as his topic of choice for this week. He read several books from the library on the subject. Then, he completed a house grid activity and a tangram house building activity.
- Think It Through Thursday – We worked on some Brian Boosters today.
- Turn the Page Thursday – Caleb spent time reading from our home library.