Well, another week has come and gone at our little homeschool. You will note that my children are without shirts in most of these pictures. For whatever reason, the latest fashion trend for young boys around this house is to walk around shirtless. I figure it’s better they do that here than out in public. Here’s how week 13 went for us…
- Bible – We continued to focus on learning his memory work for AWANAs.
- Phonics – Micah worked on the consonants ‘x and z’. His phonograms were “-ix, –ox, and –ess.” His sight words were “but, will, have, into.”
- Poetry – Our poem this week was ‘Making Tracks.’ We used the poem to discuss periods, commas, capital letters, and nouns.
- Math – This week Micah worked on addition readiness and simple addition up to the sum of 5.
- Bible – Caleb also focused on his memory work for AWANAs this week.
- Math – This week Caleb worked on addition and carrying; numbers in words; pieces of a whole; bigger than 1 on top; and horizontal/vertical/oblique line segments.
- English – This week Caleb worked on more than one predicate noun; contractions with not; helping verbs and main verbs; and verb phrases.
- FUN SCHOOL Explorations
- Moment in Time Monday – Caleb chose to read about and give an oral report on the Peloponnesion Wars.
- Tell Me More Tuesday – Caleb chose to tell me more about “people.”
- Technology Tuesday – Caleb played Stack the States on the iPad.
- This Day in History Thursday – (this was really Friday), but here’s Caleb’s facts.
- Extra Stuff – I decided to have the boys make secret message get well notes for my mom. She’s been in the hospital/rehab for over a month now, so I thought these would cheer her spirits a bit. I joined in the fun as well.